Fat Bikes keep getting more and more popular around the world and bike manufactures are still refining their frames and components to produce the best fat bike that is also versatile enough so you can switch to narrower tires like 27.5+ and 29+ if you want. Because the industry keeps changing every year, we have decided to create a another list called: fat bikes 2017.
Multiple companies have announced new bikes this year, and following our tradition we will be listing the most interesting ones. Here's the list of the best fat bikes for 2017.
Pivot Les Fat ($3500+)
The Les Fat is a carbon only bike that comes in two builds, the first one with a carbon fork and GX-1 components, and the second one comes with a Rockshox Bluto and XX1 components.
Some of the features are:
- Full carbon frame
- Full length internal cable routing using Cable Port System
- Optimized narrow Q-factor design
- Complete bikes include co-designed lower Q factor E-Thirteen fat bike-specific crankset
- 132mm PF bottom bracket
- 2x and 1x and singlespeed compatible
- Ships with both 18mm and Zero Stack headset cups for correct geometry at any wheelsize
- Optimized narrow Q-factor design
- 197mm rear spacing
- Pivot designed carbon fork with 150mm spacing
- RockShox Bluto compatible
- Rear rack mounts
- Internal dropper post compatible
- 3 bottle cage mounts
Salsa Mukluk ($1,799 - $4,499)
An all new model for 2017. Salsa fat bikes are one of the most popular fat bikes in the market. The entry level NX1 will give you an aluminum frame and carbon fork with NX groupset.
Then the best specced model will come with SRAM X01 and X1 components, carbon frame, carbon bars, carbon fork (no suspension) and 45NRTH Dillinger 5 tires.
Some of the standard features:
- WTB saddle in most models.
- 100mm threaded botton bracket
- 100mm travel in suspension models
- RaceFace crankset in all models
Fuji Wendigo ($3,700)
Photo by http://dirtragmag.com/
Finally Completely redesigned for 2017, the Fuji Wendigo is now offered in a full carbon frame.
- 197 x 12 mm rear dropout
- 150 x 15 mm hub spacing
- SRAM XO1 (1×11)
- DT Swiss BR 2250 wheels
- Schwalbe Jumbo Jim tubeless-ready tires at 26 x 4.8
- SRAM Guide RS brakes
Trek Farley EX ($4,599.99 - $7,199.99)
Trek is releasing this new full suspension fat bike with 27.5 tires but it can accomodate 26" up to 4". Trek currently offers a hardtail Farley
The top of the line Full Carbon Farley EX comes with the following components:
- Frame: Carbon, 120mm rear travel
- Shock: Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv
- Fork: RockShox Bluto – 120mm travel
- Wheels: Trek Wampa Carbon 80 SL
- Tires: Bontrager Hodag, 27.5×3.80″
- Derailleur: SRAM X01
- Shifter: SRAM X1
- Cranks: Race Face Next
- Brakes: SRAM Guide
- Bar: Bontrager Line Pro Carbon 35mm, 750mm wide
- Stem: Bontrager Line 35mm
- Post: Bontrager Drop Line, 125mm travel
- Weight: 32lbs
Kona Wozo ($2,399+)
A mix between the Kona Wo and the Honzo, the Wozo brings the slack of the Kona Honzo to the fat bike world.
- Aluminum Frame
- Fat 26" Wheels
- Wheels: Sun Ringle MuleFut
- Fork: RockShox Bluto RL 100mm
- Crankset: RaceFace Aeffect SL
- Drivetrain: SRAM GX 1x 11spd
- Cockpit: Kona XC/BC Riser bar and stem, Kona S-LOG grips
- Brakes: Shimano Hydraulic
- Front Tire: Schwalbe Jumbo Jim Tubeless Easy Snakeskin 26x4.8"
- Rear Tire: Schwalbe Jumbo Jim Tubeless Easy Snakeskin 26x4.0"
- Saddle: WTB Volt Sport
Our pick for fat bikes 2017
Because they are finally ditching the tubular look and going with a more trail oriented geometry, we are very excited to try out the Carbon Salsa Mukluk 2017.